To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 7:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Howard Levy !!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ben Bouman" wrote:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6XZEQ676Z8&NR=1<
<
<I've met Howard a few times, heard him often, sat with him in the dressing
<where he was rehearsing..but this is INSANE!!!
<He's playing a low Eb ( I think.....)

Howard is indeed amazing. The most amazing thing about him is how much emotion he packs into his playing. It's easy enough to be dazzled by what he does, but it goes way way way beyond dazzle.

If you want to hear Howard playing the naked emotion minus the dazzle, rent the movie "A Family Thing," which stars Robert Duvall and James Earl Jones as half-brothers. Howard's playing is featured on this soundtrack, and it's got more emotion in it than 5 episodes of "Big Love," packed into a mere handful of notes. Utterly moving and inspiring.

Regards, Richard Hunter