Re: [Harp-L] Seeking PA Mixer

I have to agree I own two Mackie's an older 1604 vlz and the 1640 onyx with a fire wire I/O. I am thrilled with both boards, although they were extremely slow at developing Vista drivers for the firewire. I use Mackie self powered speakers 1801 subs 1530 tops and 450's for monitors and am thrilled with those but must say they (the speakers) were made in Italy......The new speakers are made in China and have had mixed reviews. Having said that, the 1640 was as well made in China and sounds amazing. When I can afford to upgrade my sonar5 to7 so I can record with the fire wire I'll let you know how it sounds
............................................Dane

----- Original Message ----- From: "fjm" <bad_hat@xxxxxxxx>
To: "h-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Seeking PA Mixer

If you buy any Mackie board, powered or otherwise, it will still be working and worth pretty darn close to what you paid for it when you die and you could live a very long time. Mackies also have the advantage of having mic pre amps that are good enough to record with. Personally I'd spend the money and get the versions that use sliders for the volume because they are easier to use. fjm