Re: [Harp-L] vampire music

clydeclc@xxxxxxxx" wrote:
>question.  with all the talk on the forum these days about the digitech  200 ...... i think i remember you recomending a retailer who sells used products and normaly has these in stock at a fair price. do you recall the name?

The retailer is Daddy's Junky Music, http://daddys.com.

I bought my RP250 at one of their stores used for about $100.  RP200s sell now for $60-90 used in good to very good condition.

At this point, I'd recommend the RP250 over the RP200.  First, there's just more stuff in it--more amp models, more effects.  Especially with a decent dynamic mic, it produces a wide range of good sounds.  Loading patches into the RP250 and backing them up is massively more convenient because of the USB connection, and the RP250 can also be used as a recording interface--in other words, you can just hook the RP250 up to your computer, start your practice session, and record as you go along into something like Audacity.  That's worth another $30-40 bucks in my opinion, especially if you don't already own a decent audio interface for your computer.

Not that the RP200 doesn't sound really good--I still use mine for performing and recording. But convenience counts too.

Regards, Richard Hunter