Re: [Harp-L] Seeking PA Mixer

There has been lots of great discussion of PA mixers on this thread.
Powered mixers are certainly convenient, but I think in
the original question the guy said he already had a power amp, and if his
band is like mine money is always tight.

I prefer separate mixers and power amps because of flexibility and
upgrade-ability.  If you put everything in road cases and it is *almost* as
convenient as a powered mixer.

I agree the Mackie mixers are exceptional, but that comes at a premium
price.  I've tried many mixers and found the Yamahas to be the best of the
moderately priced boards.  I know some guys use and like Behringer mixers,
but my experience with them has been disappointing.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/