Re: [Harp-L] Re: Bad economy effecting gigs

Hard Time Killing Floor by Skip James.

"Times is harder than they've been before..."

I'm hitting the metro (subway) these days here in Montreal and play this
song.

Busking's a challenge for all sorts of reasons. I think the best advice is
play songs you like and are comfortable with. In the metro, it's very rare
for someone to stop and listen for a while. You have to play so folks can
hear and like what you're doing as they approach and pass you. I remind
myself of Bill Hicks' advice: Play from your heart. But that goes for
playing in general.

John