RE: [Harp-L] Using a Digitech RP200 in Europe

Bill Hines wrote:
<If I were buying now, I'd buy a RP250 rather than the RP200, unless you
<are using a Fireball V mic and really want all 40 of those patches. I've
<been testing Richard's patches for the RP250 with a Shure 545, Fireball,
<and green bullet (don't have a bottle o' blues mic to test those
<patches). I really appreciate this much more because sometimes I need to
<use one or the other mic, depending on the situation, and I've got a
<nice healthy set of patches for any one of them with Richard's great
<work. The effects on the RP250 are better than the RP200 (delay, reverb,
<leslie/rotary, etc).

I agree with Bill that if I were buying my first amp modeler now, I'd go with the RP250, not the RP200.  It's about as much work to program your own patches on either one, but you can download and upload other people's patches (like mine) directly to and from the RP250, which saves a lot of time and effort, and makes it much, much easier to back up and restore the device.

If you get a GREAT deal on the RP200, it might be worth buying.  "Great" means less than $40, in my opinion; RP200s are pretty widely available used in the USA for $60-$90, so something in tha trange is no big deal.  But given that it's an out of production device, if you're going to be using it a lot, you might want to get two just in case.  (I have 3 just in case.)

Regarding my patches, I waiting on the last feedback from beta testers, and I plan to release within 2 weeks.  Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to put out quality product and give the beta testers time to go through the whole set.

Regards, Richard Hunter
latest mp3s and harmonica blog at http://mysace.com/richardhunterharp