RE: [Harp-L] Re: customizers/techs (from the other side)

Mike Easton posted:

> Unlike designing automobile motors to perform better and better, work

> on stock reeds has it's limits.   It doesn't take a lifetime to know

> how to improve upon that one thing or become an expert. .  It isn't

> reserved for a select few of us to master that ability then keep

> getting better and better so others can't obtain an equal ability.

> The only way to move past that is to redesign a reed like Brad

> Harrison has done. But even then his reeds will only have a finite

> number of ways to improve upon it if at all possible.

> There are 2 truths in the world.  Even the most beautiful women in the

> world are someone's ex's.

> And even the best harp techs in the world have their ex's.   No one is

> perfect in a relationship, even those we put on a pedestal.

Ecellent post Mike, it makes me want to try some of your work!

the 3rd truth that I understand is that the newest reed profiles are hell to work on -
you custom harp clients are really getting your money's worth these days out of these fie craftsmen... at any price.

Michael Peloquin
http://harpsax.com
http://myspace.com/peloquinharpsax