[Harp-L] Re: Any SPAH Stories to Share?

> On Tuesday, June 2, 2009, Greg Heumann said:  ...I walked outside to hear
> a classic harmonica trio performing in the courtyard. My first thought was
> "where's the tuba?" Seriously. Finally I realized it was an amplified bass
> harp. Wally Peterman was playing chord harp, whipping that huge thing from
> end to end without knocking out a single tooth and hitting all these cool
> chords - just unbelievable. It was the first time I'd heard chord harp +
> bass harp + chrom. I was absolutely transfixed...

Greg,  The trio that you heard in the courtyard is The HARPbeats with Wally
Peterman (chord), Phil Caltabellotta (chromatic), and myself (bass).
http://www.youtube.com/user/harpbeats

"Transfixed"  is a good description for it.  Frankly, it is a good word to
describe my first time time at a SPAH convention
http://www.bassharp.com/ely-mik.htm (thanks to Danny Wilson for hosting the
photo).

I hope to meet you in Sacramento this year.  Let's get acquainted.

George