Re: [Harp-L] RE: Bill Kumpe and Dr. Fertig

I know this was said in jest, but I think the harp world should welcome all the baptists that come along. Baptists got soul.

I would guess there has been many blues harmonica players raised baptist. I believe Howlin Wolf was raised baptist, for just one.

Although I haven't been to church in over 40 yrs., I feel fortunate to have been raised baptist. For one thing we had FUN, picnics, hayrides, camping, etc. And number one, the music at our church was much more exciting than the churches down the street. The church pianist loved to play boogie-woogie for the kids (not during service) and although it was frowned on by some. it never stopped her.

'backslidin' baptist' James

Wasn't there a famous religous figure by the name of Smith? (that was said in jest too)