[Harp-L] Harmonica Abuse - Mea Culpa

Dr. Fertig:

Alas, I must confess.  Even though I am a teetotaler and a (non-practicing)
ordained elder of my faith, I regularly baptize my plastic combed harps in a
tall glass of straight gin and hold them there until the gunk comes floating
out.  I have been told that this is bad for them but I get secret pleasure
from it, from knowing that the little guys have been sterilized inside and
out by the alcohol in the gin.  And, I must admit in my deepest, darkest
recesses of conscience that I also take guilty pleasure in the sharp, clean
taste of the gin on my newly sterilized harps.  I have been told by good
authority not to do this but I continue.  Am I an habitual harp abuser who
gets his jollies water-boarding poor little Suzukis and S20's in the devil's
spirits?  Help me!  What am I supposed to do Doctor Fertig?

Bill Kumpe