Re: [Harp-L] An open-source audio time-stretching tool for Windows

Ken;

I use Best Practice every day and have since earlier this year. It
works great! Highly recommended. It is my usual player when
practicing.

I love my customized Bb Golden Melody so pitch shift most music so can
play Bb harp along with it. Usually play 12th position but also 2nd.
It allows fine tuning as can adjust cents as well. Sometimes music a
bit off if captured from YouTube, etc. so needs to be adjusted.

Drag and drop mp3 files or wav files into player. I pull up a circle
of fifths jpg to refer to when checking and adjusting keys.

Can adjust speed as you mentioned and pitch.

Will automatically repeat at end of tune.

Can select a beginning and end within tune to repeat segment automatically.

Can export adjusted tune in wav format for further use in BP or
Audacity, etc. Can convert export to mp3 or wma subsequently, if
desired.

If Net surfing will often have BP playing in background and play along
one-handed at the same time. Sometimes playing improves more when not
focusing on it.

The other day, worked on an accompaniment with BP. Pitch shifted then
had to fine adjust the pitch of the primary tracked. Saved then
imported into Audacity. Recorded my track. Then pitch shifted
everything back to initial key so that vocal of track sounded normal.
Worked great and ended up with excellent sounding low harp.

Also, to convert tracks to mp3 I really like the free version of
Switch Sound file converter. Can do lots of formats. Found it when I
was searching for something to convert MIDI tracks to mp3 to use with
BP. Some MIDI are great for fun backing tracks.

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/switchsetup.exe