[Harp-L] SFBayharpers Jam on Wednesday

Just two more days before the next SFBayharpers quarterly jam session on Wednesday,
June 24, at Armando's, 707 Marina Vista, Martinez, CA. SFBayharpers is a Yahoo Group
for San Francisco Bay Area harmonica players.

Winslow Yerxa, well-known here on Harp-L and who has provided some of the greatest musical moments
at our past jam sessions, will be among headliners, this time with a
trio. Winslow is one of our SFBayharpers harp gurus and author of the
book Harmonica for Dummies. At past sessions he played solo and with
Damien Masterson and the Berkeley Jazzschool Harmonica Ensemble as well
as the house band.

This time he'll play with a trio including violinist Tuula Cotter, who
is both an experienced folk fiddlers and a member of the first violin
section of the Sacramento Symphony, and guitarist Colin Cotter (Tuula's
son), who plays guitar and fiddle in the band A Thousand Years at Sea.

At past sessions, Winslow has played everything from blues to
Quebecois fiddle tunes to Duke Ellington classics. He is a master of
diatonic, chromatic and tremolo harps. It will be exciting to see what
he and his band mates come up with this time.

Diatonic ace Mark Fenichel will be bringing renowned guitarist/singer
-songwriter Jon Lawton (Little Jonny & The Giants, Tip Of The
Top) and will perform a number of acoustic and possibly a
few electric duos. Special guest Doug Burns will also play.
We'll have stellar harpers Danny White and Larry Marks and of course
SFBayharpers members will be able to sign up to play with the Hot House Band or with their own accompanists. My
own band Awed Ducks, with Peter Sproul on harp, will kick things off.

Jam signups for playing with the Hot House Band or with your own accompanist(s)
start at 6:30 p.m., and the music will run from 7 to around 10 p.m.
There will be a selection of boutique harp and guitar amps provided by
Danny White and his Good Stuff Guitar Shop in Martinez, our co-sponsor,
as well as the excellent house sound system and board man. We'll have a few door prizes for SFBayharpers members and no doubt a few
musical surprises as well.

Hope to see you there!
Bob Loomis
SFBayharpers Moderator