Re: [Harp-L] Raising or Tilting Your Amp

I use the common On Stage stand.  It raises the amp a foot or two (depending
on the adjustment) and tilts it back a bit.

For my puposes an amp stand like this is essential.  It opens up the sound
of your amp and makes it seem louder.  Yes, in theory it will sacrfice some
bass tones, but you need to try it to see if the theory matches reality for
you.

If the amp is pointed toward my ankles I can't hear it very well.  I can't
always count on the sound guy to get me a good mix in the monitors, so it is
very important the amp is raised and pointed somewhere toward my head.  This
has not increased my feedback issues; they remain the same.  I don't notice
any perceptible loss in bass.   Everybody, including me, my bandmates, and
the audience, have an easier time hearing me if the amp is raised off the
floor and tilted back a bit.

The drawbacks?  I can't think of any, except the stand is another piece of
gear you need to carry during the load.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog