Re: [Harp-L] endorsements

Rick Davis wrote:
> I checked with several airlines.  It would cost nothing extra to
> fly with a Sonny Jr. Cruncher as checked baggage.  In a custom ATA
> case the amp would not exceed 62 linear inches and would be right
> at the 50 pound limit.  If it did exeed 50 pounds, the cost would
> be nominal, about $50.00.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.  Charlie Musselwhite is 65 years old.  He can potentially carry his entire gig rig in a Crowne Royal bag.  The fact that he chooses not to lug a 40-lb-plus amplified through airport security sounds like a decision based on self-preservation.

My understanding is that there is nothing explicit about the terms of an "endorsement".  The terms of the endorsement are generally set down by the endorser, leaving the endorsee free to agree or not to those terms.  Sometimes endorsers are willing to exchange discounted product for a few kind words they can use in advertising.  Sometimes they require the endorsee to use their product exclusively.  In exchange, I would expect the endorsee to get the product at a substantial discount, if not free.

In any case, this discussion has reached a ridiculous level of volume, and made adversaries out of ordinarily reasonable people.

-tim