[Harp-L] fugue state

I was reading an interview with Phil Lesh (bass player for the Dead) who
said he didn't have a clue how to play rock bass--didn't really know
anything about pop music being a classical composer, so he played
counterpoint on the bass. I looked up counterpoint (in Wikipedia--isn't the
21st Century cool?)and Bach was right there as the expert. It's a cool
concept. You write two completely separate melodies, which also have to
magically harmonize. So is anyone doing this with harmonica?

Wikipedia said you shouldn't write counterpoint in Locrian mode. As soon as
I figure out what that means, I'm going to try it.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1372404/dhoozh_chapter_1.html