[Harp-L] Blown out harps

For you who play amped harp on a regular basis, I have a question:  How
often do you blow out a reed in a harp?  How many harps do you buy per
month?  Do you write your harps off your taxes?

It's amazing how expensive it is to play harp -- thought to be a cheap
instrument -- in a working band.  I've been talking to some of the working
harp guys I know and they say the same thing.  We pay way more than a
guitarist does for strings and picks, more that a drummer for sticks and
heads.  The recurring costs are a killer.

What can we do to lessen the costs?  Play softer.  Take better care of our
harps.  Learn the Zen of Harmonica Maintenance.  What do you suggest?

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/