Re: [Harp-L] Subject: New to list Harp Player: Bonny B. (Brown) MaleCambodian...

In a message dated 6/18/2009 1:49:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tom.klingl@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Thank  you Elizabeth,

He's from Fribourg which is about 30 miles away from  here (Berne).
Fribourg is bilangue - bilingual - some folks speak French,  some
some German, some both  - with an amazing ease.
Heard of him  via a working colleague who is from there but
then sort of forgot about  him.
On his website http://www.bonnyb.ch/home.php there's even
a link to  a local blues club (which Berne doesn't offer).
A reason to go out this  summer when the kids are in camp ;-)

Tom

You're very welcome, Tom. We don't have a local blues club here either.
Sure wish I could find one since it'd help in my diatonic learning curve, or
at  least help me get some practice in re playing well with others and  maybe
getting up onstage.

One of the other videos was of Bonny B conducting a jam. He's very
comfortable and assured onstage - even with a bunch of much taller, overeager  and
somewhat 'gussing' harp players ;)

Jam Session avec Bonny B

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLT9zjWuGv4_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLT9zjWuGv4)