Subject: Re: [Harp-L] amp comparison

Because it wasn't HIS hefty 77lbs Fender, but brought to the venue by
somebody else?  Seems a logical enough supposition?

Elizabeth

"Message: 12
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:29:01 -0600
From: Rick Davis  <bluesharpamps@xxxxxxxxx>
To:  SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I don't understand.  The  Fender Red Knob Twin weighs in at a hefty 77 lbs,
about 40 more lbs. than the  Cruncher.  Why would Charlie Musselwhite use
the
heavier Twin when he  has to fly to a gig?

The Twin sounded great.  Charlie didn't use any  pedals; cable straight into
the amp.  It was not Fendery clean, as you  might expect. I'm not sure what
mic he was playing.  It was a red bullet  mic with a volume control sticking
out of the back.  You can see  pictures of him playing the amp and mic at my
Blues Harp Amps Blog.  www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com"

-Rick  Davis
<http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/>

On  Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 5:40 AM, <SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The  only reason Charlie M. will not use the  Cruncher is if he has to
fly.

fingertips.