Re: [Harp-L] Reed Profile - More Questions

On Jun 17, 2009, at 12:43 PM, Robert Coble wrote:
Lest anyone wonder, I am NOT a machinist nor a mechanical engineer (that must be painfully obvious to those of you who are experts in those fields); I am a retired software engineer - and I intend to stay as retired as I can afford! I'm interested in the topic of harmonica (including reeds) design as a means to the end of making my own harmonicas play better for me. I have no intention of trying to compete with any commercial company. That said, I do wish Brad Harrison good luck in creating his business; he's going to need it to break into a long-established, VERY competitive and EXTREMELY exacting environment.
Regards,
Crazy Bob

I also wish Brad the best of all possible luck. Lest anyone wonder, I am not an engineer. My upper education was in something called 'business systems' (flow charting). Most of what I write on technical matters come from having gone to a technical trade school in my 10th and 12th grades. (11th spent at American H.S. Paris). I covered 4 years of drafting, machining, and electrical in 2 years. I also absorbed my uncles handbooks on physics and chemistry.

My hands on experiences are as a salvage diver (underwater rigger) with the seebees of the navy. Sorry if I gave anyone the wrong idea (s). I have always been a tinkerer...back when I gave a tinkers damm. lolol

smo-joe