Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Reed "Profile"

Smokey writes: (excerpted):

"Monseur 'either Dave Payne or no gain' has one of my 24 year old
spl-20s that has a razor blade reed in it. The harp is beat up but it
plays ok. I used it Buckeye to play 'After the Lovin'. Which is on
you-tube. f I werent such an idiot, I could take photos and send them
out with this Apple. It can do everything. The trick is that the
person on this end can't be a scarecrow."

So here's that particular video (out of the half-dozen videotaped by Danny
G and graciously posted afterwards by Garry Hodgson):

Joe Leone:

After the Lovin'

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4lBYzkW4kA_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4lBYzkW4kA)

and just for a little 'extra'...here's some of his chromatic playing at the
 same performance at Buckeye (2007) of:

Angel Eyes

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzlaRAHwmq4_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzlaRAHwmq4)

and:

Green Dolphin Street

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iUNSJkPusM_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iUNSJkPusM)

...the rest of his terrific performances of that night can be viewed  by
clicking on the Snarkus name and scanning through all of Garry's posted
videos (page 2 and 3). He's not only the McGyver of Harp-l and  Slidemeister,
he's a great jazz improv player who rarely gets his due.   We're lucky to have
those half-dozen videos at all!

Elizabeth
fingertips.