[Harp-L] Joe Leone's strange reed, was reed profile and maybe still is a little

Joe Leone wrote:

"Monseur 'either Dave Payne or no gain' has one of my 24 year old
spl-20s that has a razor blade reed in it. "

You're talking about that old Db? The one where the corners of the comb had crumbled away or something and the corners of the comb were remade with epoxy, right?
That's the one you told me had a reed you made on it and I looked for it and couldn't figure out which one it was until I looked at all the reeds under magnification and saw where the reed had been shaped with a hammer.
That reed was out of a .38 Special cartridge casing, which I think is even cooler than the razor blade. It's the five draw and the best looking reed of the bunch and it

Dave