Re: [Harp-L] Reed "Profile"

 -----Original Message-----

From: Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx>

 Seriously though, in the past there have been books. Most of which didn't cover the fine points of harmonica. These were written by professionals who, and here's where I'm going to take a chance, didn't divulge the REALLY fine points. The points that separate the champs from the chumps. My belief, and this is only my opinion is that the pros were protecting their own rice bowl, while, at the same time, were at least giving an inkling as to what the harmonica is all about.?

Too true. For a classic comment on this phenomenon, check out Rick Estrin's promo for his Instructional Video, in which he says how, in the old days, "Shoot. Some of them guys would tell you the wrong thing just to mess you up"