To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2009 12:36 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] RE: Fake books origins

From: "Bill" <bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Real Books back story
To: <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>

The discussion here recently about the iphone's real book app got me thinking about the story I heard about the original real books. Apparantly, the person who put it together got prosecuted for copyright violation had the originals confiscated and then wrote them out again from memory in his prison cell - which is why there's so many mistakes in them. Does anyone know anymore about this?

For more info, try this link: http://www.personal.psu.edu/bdk4/PREHISTORY.pdf

(I couldn't find anything on "Snopes".)
Regards,Crazy Bob