Re: [Harp-L] was american chestnut, now steel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Compton" <jofjltn4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <dmatthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 9:56 AM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] was american chestnut, now steel

Again? Oh, c'mon. This is one of the regularly scheduled topics on harp-l. Fighting it will only make it stronger. Just let go, and roll right along with it.

I still believe that comb material affects the sound, but not in a way that can be reliably or consistently discerned. In other words, other factors...factors beyond the control of all players...also impact the sound as well as the environment itself.

Forget all the scientific stuff...I *want* the comb material to have an effect. I want to believe that a harp with a comb made from 200 year old rare wood differs from a harp with a comb made of a space-age polymer. Stop telling me otherwise. =P

OK...Dream on!

Vern

Jonathan "I can't hear you nahnahnahnah" Compton