[Harp-L] Doubts on Copyrights - Off-list

Hi!!

Sorry for being off-list, but in this list I have most of my references so I
was wondering if you could help me with some information.

I´d like to record my harmonica versions for two songs composed by American
musicians but I don´t know how to proceed in order to pay for their
copyrights.

The first one is Saint Louis Blues by WC Handy... Is it public domain?

The second is Chattannoga Choo Choo, by Mack Gordon...

Does anyone know where I can find the owners of the rights? An editor or
something...

Thanks very much for the comprehension and sorry again!!

Yours,

Luciano