[Harp-L] Rob Paparozzi's new CD, "Etruscan Soul"

Rob Paparozzi's new CD, "Etruscan Soul", is unbelievably good!! Everything on it is one word - "Professional" It's so damn good, where do I start. The first is, Rob, IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!!

The CD has everything - great harmonica work, both diatonic and chromatic, terrific singing, wonderful arrangements, great players, terrific background vocals, horn and sax sections, etc....but what struck me most on first listening was the sound quality on this CD. The production value alone is enough to buy this, professional session guys, who really know how to record their instruments, great mix and mastering and the tightness of the tunes led by the amazing Bernard Purdie on drums.

This CD is like a a travelog of the tunes that have been part of Rob Paparozzi's life, the tunes that have become his personal favorites and most, if not all of them, he performs live with these same musicians all the time - and boy does it show!!!

His singing is dead on and high lights have to be the sultry "In the Heat of the Night" and the hot duet he does with Phoebe Snow on "Monkey Around" and his rendition of the Randy Newman tune "I think It's Going To Rain Today" with just Rob accompanying himself at the piano. He did this tune at my 60th Birthday Bash at the Grand Canyon Music Festival and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

On the harmonica he tips his hat to Toots with "Body and Soul" where he gets a lovely sound on the chromatic; tips his hat to Stevie on the Elton John "Border Song" and his diatonic playing gives Butterfield, Williamson, Terry, etc. the nod, but still remains pure Pararozzi.

Get this CD now - Will Lee and Harvey Brooks on bass; John Korba, Piano; Tom Timko on tenor and bari, Steve Jankowski, Jens Wendelboe are the brass, Hugh McCracken paying Credence to Clear Water on guitar, Vanesse Thomas and Antonique Smith, background vocals; and the color of New Orleans, Ed Alstrom on Hammond Organ. You get the idea, Rob pulled out all the stops.

Thank you Rob Paparozzi for making all this beautiful music!!

harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com