From: James Sterett [mailto:jsterett@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 10:26 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx; joshuaking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Will Scarlett, Pigpen, Matt Kelly

Well Josh, 8 yrs old and hanging with the Dead.  Pretty cool, young man.
When the Grateful Dead started out in 1965 Ron 'Pigpen' McKernan, was
something of a frontman for the band, singing and playing harmonica with the
Dead until around 1973.   A few songs that come to mind with Pig and harp...
OPerator, Easy Wind, Next Time You See Me, Big Boss Man.  Matt Kelly played
harp with the Dead on a few songs over the years too.  'I Need A Miracle'
off of the record 'Shakedown Street' for one.  Wil Scarlet also played harp
on Jerry Garcia and David Grisman's 'Not For Kids Only' record on 'THree Men
Went a Hunting' (maybe others as well.)

Jim.
www.mcmule.com