[Harp-L] Jack Ely and Buckeye Memories!

Hi Everybody!

     I just wanted to add my two-cents on Jack Ely ... R.I.P.!  In 2002 I attended my first Buckeye festival and was really, really happy to be amidst and amongst my fellow "tin-sandwich lovers"!  I met Mr. Farrell and admired his bow-tie (and his Hering 5148's!)  Jack Ely was a very gregarious, yet humble man who always encouraged others!  He said to me:

     "I can tell you'll be a great player, because you are not afraid to take chances!".

I don't know about all THAT; yet those words have stayed with me and made me respect the awareness and love for the instrument he had to be able to even MAKE a compliment like that to me just blows me away!  Here's to Jack!  Let's plant some "silver seeds", fertilize them with love and encouragement, and see what kind of flowers grow!  Unless I'm missing something, or just an incurable romantic; that's what Buckeye is all about!  Harp On! - Kre

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.