RE: [Harp-L] Jack Ely

I first heard of Jack's death through youngster Kaleena Hutchings, whom I first met at Buckeye when she was a little girl. Most the harmonica players on this list I met at Buckeye, which I first attended in 1999.
Jack's ability to coordinate the chromatic and diatonic players and the nightly shows was what made it enjoyable to me.
At my first Buckeye, I saw Paul Rishell and Annie Raines, I met Gary Primich. People like Doug Tate and Bobbie Giordano, Joe Filisko, Buzz Krantz and that whole group. Winslow, Rob P., Chris Michalek.... I could make a list a mile long.
I made good friends with Ken Hildebrand in Ohio and Tom McGovern in Michigan. Ed from PA and I shared rooms, too.
My point is, when someone like Jack was so instrumental in keeping a festival like Buckeye going, it's more than just a music festival. I drove 800 miles each way just to be there every  year. I can't make it this year and it is really disappointing.
My sincere condolences to Jack's family in Ohio.
Steve Webb in Minn.