Re: [Harp-L] Jack Ely

I am totally messed up here. It's been a bad bad month. They say everything comes in 3s. It's true. I am deeply indebted to Jack. He always treated me with respect (as I did..he), and I shall never forget that. That's getting to be a rare commodity these days. He welcomed me back in 91 when I returned to playing after almost 30 years out of action.

I recall 2005 when Jack asked if I would mind if he slipped P.T. Gazell in between Bob McFarlane and myself on the Friday show, and would we each give up 5 or 10 minutes. Naturally I was STUNNED that he would ask. After all, HE was the boss. But that's the kind of guy he was. ever one to hurt feelings. Naturally 'I' was only TOO delighted. as PT. was also coming back from a multi year 'vacation'.

Jack was the flux that kept things running smoothly. We meet a lot of people in our lives. Most quickly fall to the wayside. I will always keep Jack close to my heart.

Joe Leone (aka smo-joe)