[Harp-L] PAUL RISHELL and ANNIE RAINES COUNTRY BLUES WORKSHOPS NEW YORK CITY, SUNDAY JUNE 7 TH

PAUL RISHELL and ANNIE RAINES COUNTRY BLUES WORKSHOPS NEW YORK CITY, SUNDAY
JUNE 7 TH

Annie Raines and Paul Rishell are coming to New York for some workshops.
Paul is a true master of all styles of blues guitar. There is not much he
does not do. Slide, Piedmont, Ragtime, Delta and Chicago Blues. Annie Raines
in one of the premier blues harp players on the scene today.

This should be a great afternoon. I hope you can join us.

*http://www.paulandannie.com/content/*<http://www.paulandannie.com/content/>

Country Blues Guitar with Paul Rishell, 1 PM - Styles of the Masters -
Intermediate to Advanced We'll study the guitar styles and right and left
hand techniques and standard and open tunings of the great country blues
masters, including Son House, Scrapper Blackwell, Charley Patton, Blind Boy
Fuller, Tommy Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson, etc. Most pieces will be
taught note-for-note from the old recordings. You should be able to
fingerpick and know some barre chords. Bring a slide and capo and anything
else you use to play. Audio recording is encouraged.

Blues Harmonica with Annie Raines 3:30 PM - Intermediate The focus of the
class will be rhythm in soloing and syncopation. We'll work on techniques
used by Little Walter, Sonny Terry, Sonny Boy Williamsons I and II, Dr. Ross
and other harmonica greats by getting cleaner bends, tongue-blocked bends,
basslines, crunchy chewy rhythm parts, position playing, and alternating
rhythm and melody. Bring diatonic harmonicas in the keys of A, C, and D.
Audio recording encouraged.

Workshops are TWO HOURS and cost SIXTY DOLLARS. Advance Registration
required.

Please contact JON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for information.

--
Trip