[Harp-L] RE: Circle of Fifths

The Iceman wrote: >
>  Cheat sheets are just that -
> Why not spend a few minutes a day and learn it - then you will OWN it.
>
> Nothing like depending on yourself totally to build confidence and move > you to a higher level.

This is excellent advice!
Having said that, I made two different versions of Circle of Fifths toolsfor myself, and have shared them with others (including Abner). When I first started studying music theory for harmonica, I put one of the wheels in my harp case. I could very rapidly figure out which harp to use for any of the 12 positions by simply spinning a wheel--it took mere seconds.
Then I realized that a "funny thing" had happened: I no longer had to set the wheel; I just glanced at the Circle of Fifths and "knew" what harp I needed to play in a certain position for a particular key of music.
It's strange but that chunk of meat sitting above the shoulders is prettygood at grabbing on to the relevant information after a very short exposureon a regular basis.
YMMV, of course,Crazy Bob