[Harp-L] RE: Harp keys cheat sheet (Abner Galdos)

I have my own sheet which gives six alternatives for each harmonica key,
it's printed on the lid of my harp box so it's always available.
I've passed it to Abner off list.
But Abner hit the nail on the head when he said
"Now I've got to figure out the key the music's played in".

Friday night, for fun, I asked a drummer what key he was playing.
He said it was "S"   :)   Ask a silly question...........
I assumed that was S for  "Smash everything in reach", as he would
occasionally lean over and tap on the body of the bass player's guitar as
well as his own kit.

Back to the point, guessing the key works for me if I can think "Sounds like
that other piece I play that's in 'E, etc.' ". But I am not really able to
hear a note or phrase in isolation and say what key it is.

Has Anyone got any tips?

Best Regards  Geoff Atkins