[Harp-L] RE: Too Old to gig?

I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting to this stage of 'maturity'.

If your bartender brings your customary stage glass of bourbon to you with a
prune juice chaser...
are you too old to gig?

If your Shure 55SH microphone for vocals draws a crowd asking if you played
with that same mic
in the 50's....
are you too old to gig?

If you whip out a chromatic and play it chromatically (ie, not 3rd position
blues) and people ask if you learned from
Jerry Murad and the Harmonicats...
are you too old to gig?

If you mention certain songs written by long passed bluesmen, and later
covered by big bands, and then rock bands like a
virtual history lesson (and actually saw some of each era play live)...
are you too old to gig?

If you, like BB King, play a very short opening segment, and then have the
stage hands bring a soft comfy chair up for you
to sit in for the remainder of the night....
are you too old to gig?

If bringing out a 48 chord and 265/58 double bass harmonica gets wide eyed
looks and comments about never having seen
them before....are you too old to gig?

If you end each gig with a gospel number, either as thanks for making it
through the gig, or in prayerful hope of making
another....are you getting too old to gig?

Bill Otten