Subject: [Harp-L] Nasty taste

Oooof...If I wasn't already a wee bit OCD before this, your post would
definitely make me err on the side of extreme caution now. Kidding or not, just
 the THOUGHT!

ugh, yech, blech    ;)

Elizabeth

PS: for Gino, you can give them a spritz with Clorox' Anywhere Hard Surface
 Spray. It's said to be safe around food prep surfaces, children and pets.
I use  it as the first and last steps in cleaning my harmonicas (after all
the  metal and plastic surfaces are cleaned with my MAAS polish - my personal
 way to do things...ymmv).

 The other choices are the original and old-fashioned ones: vinegar  and/or
baking soda. You can wrap the harps in impermeable cloth and bury them  for
a while in a container of baking soda or cedar chips (after cleaning)
..should help remove odours (which usually cause the bad taste).

If they're wood combs, you can't clean them as well as plastic, but try
half/dry scrubbing the combs with a toothbrush dipped into the Anywhere spray,
 or vinegar, or a baking soda solution..drying immediately. If the wood
grain is  raised you'll need to sand them down and seal them. See Dave
Payne/Chris M's  videos for sealing methods.

"Message: 11