Re: [Harp-L] Too old to gig!

I'm way too old to be playing out, but I've been doing it the past two years. I keep saying I'm too old to do it, but it's too much fun not to do it.
  I think, though, our band is almost finished. And I find it doesn't bother me that much. We played almost every weekend from Sept. to May, before taking this summer off. Now the leader of the band has job considerations and says we'll just do a few things here and there. (He was just named sheriff and will have to run for election in just over a year.)
  It was a challenge for me to play harp for 3-4 hours at a time, though it got easier as we got the songs better rehearsed. I didn't play many solos, but a lot of fills and some rhythm stuff.
  We recorded a CD earlier this year with all original songs. I played harp on most of the cuts. I hope to have a copy of that in my hands soon.
  Steve Webb in Minnesota, who won't be at SPAH this year, but watch out next year.

You're too old to play when the pretty young girl smiles at you and you can say: "If I was 20 years younger, I'd only be twice your age."