[Harp-L] Honoring the Blues

Hi gang,

I've been having a ball playing around Denver since hooking up with my band TeraBlu several months ago.

A couple of weeks ago we played the Zephyr Loung a rather rough-around-the-edges bar on East Colfax and who's in the audience but Frank Terry, an old-school local blues legend who's been playing blues for almost longer than I've been alive (and I'm no spring chicken!).

Anyway, we were honored to have him sit in with us in our third set and someone caught it on video. Frank says he doesn't have the chops he once had, and so let us hog most of the solos, but man that guy's groove was so deep it made me feel like I was being introduced to the blues for the first time. He told us he had so much fun playing with us that he wants us to him up again soon at one of his shows. I hope so. Meanwhile, we've invited him to sit in with us again the next time we hit the Zephyr in August.

You can see one of the songs from that set on a video posted on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBPNttczviI

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.