[Harp-L] Incredible-looking service for people with music to sell

A friend just pointed me to http://kunaki.com/. If you are selling CDs (and not just downloads) this might be of interest.

I don't think anyone has quite put a CD service together in quite this way. You give them the wavs and the cover art. They take orders, replicate the CDs and ship them.

Whether you sell one or hundreds or more, they get $1.75 plus $4 shipping. (I'm not sure they would let you do this, but you could conceivably charge, say 12.75 for the disk and $2 for shipping, and just pay the other $2 out of your profit.

Where this is new and different is that there is no setup fee. Normally with these self publish services you have to pay $500 or more before you sell disk one. They even give you a free UPC code.

By the way, the same costs apply to DVDs. You folks who are doing instructional videos and giving them away on YouTube can sell the collections at higher quality as DVDs.

I have two projects from the 90's that never went to CD, so I'm probably going to give Kunaki a try. One can guess that they burn CDs, they don't replicate from a press, but this looks like a great way to get product out there.

If any one has used this service, or uses it in the future, please post a review.