[Harp-L] Re: New Era of SPAH conventions

   I figured the placement of the SPAH convention outside of the Midwest
would definitely open a can of worms and apparently it has.  As a
Midwesterner; I can't complain because, with the exception of the Dallas
convention, I've always been between 2-6 hours by car away from a SPAH
convention.  It usually only costs me a tank or two of gasoline to arrive
and depart from the location.
   I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of new players that haven't
attended the convention before because of distance.  In theory, I'm guessing
that we'll even see a few more players from Japan and China this year.  I
would expect that if a convention was held on the East Coast, we would see a
few more European players.  I understand the logic of a Midwest location,
but maybe it's time to truly take the convention on the road and draw from a
different pool of players and spectators.  Concentrating on the "A" in SPAH
as opposed to just the "P".  A future convention on the East Coast, down
South, New Orleans, or even in Canada wouldn't bother me in the least.  We
Midwesterners have had a monopoly on this thing long enough.

Mick Zaklan