RE: [Harp-L] Tony Glover

I got mine in 1975 or so...was in Logan, West Virginia,a small coal mining town on the Kentucky border--the real-deal West Virginia. I was running sound for a rock band, had just started playing harmonica, like so many others was pretty unfamilar with the blues harp tradition...anyway, we got there early for our gig and went in the local music store, and eureka!

Again, like so many others here on the list, in the long run it didn't matter that there was some misinformation on the book, that some of the transcriptions weren't totally correct...that book was like my intro to the blues tradition; I'll always remember that day, and I'll always be grateful to Tony Glover.

WVa Bob

P.S. And don't forget, Tony is one of the three guys who wrote "Blues with a Feeling: The Little Walter Story."  I've never heard Tony play, but he has made HUGE contributions to the instrument. By all means, he should be invited to SPAH!!!

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports videos. Check it out.
http://www.windowslive.com/Online/Hotmail/Campaign/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_QA_HM_sports_videos_072009&cat=sports