[Harp-L] tuning an extra C harp into a Db harp

gives new meaning to the phrase all this work for just 50 cents.

Going for 12TET. First time trying something like this. 12 reeds down, 8 to go. Anyone know how high or low one can tune a harp or even an individual reed up or down before irrevocably compromising timber, reed peformance and lifespan? Could I bring this up another whole step to make an Eb harp, for example?

If I pull this experiment off, I'll give myself my HS diploma in harp tech since I had to replace my first reed to get even here with this thing (had to use 1.4mm eyeglass screw and hex bolt stolen from a defunct pair of rimless eyeglasses cuz the rivet hole was too large).

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Celebrate the moment with your favorite sports pics. Check it out.
http://www.windowslive.com/Online/Hotmail/Campaign/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_QA_HM_sports_photos_072009&cat=sports