[Harp-L] Tony Glover

I have the original I purchased at Sam Ash in Brooklyn (Kings Highway) this was before they became an international chain.
Tony Glover often gets bad mothed as he was not the best harp player but he was the first to write down Cross Harp, 3rd and 4th positions and he included an appendix (Kidney has he called them) with a guitar harp breakdown even with lower guitar tunings.
He really deserves credit for this. He was the first to give a teaching methodology for harp.
I will always remember his bibliography of Blues
books and his comments "A Definitive book about the Blues has yet to be written. That was 1965 and its 2009 and the book has not been written. Maybe we all need to write our own books or our own face. But Tony Glover was the 1st and many of us here owe him a death of gratitude.

Database version: 6.12850