Re: [Harp-L] cord for crystal mic

Dave Barrett's HarmonicaMasterclass.com used to sell a good cord with double shrink tube on both ends. I bought 2 several years ago in case one got damaged and I'm still using the first one. 20' is it though because any longer and high impedence starts losing signal.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Stear" <brianstear@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:11 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] cord for crystal mic

You guys have a lot more experience with amplified harmonica than me.......I want to replace the cheap, skinny cord that came with my cheap mics. Plus, since I'm on larger stages at times, I'd like to have it longer. My problem is;
When I use other, newer, thicker mic cords, it seems to suck the volume/tone out of my mic ( JT-30 w/151 crystal ). It actually sounds better with the skinny cord!
Who sellls a good quality mic cord w/screw-on adaptor? I see the ones on Musicians Friend. But I'd rather patronize someone who is harmonic-centric, and harmonica savvy.
Thanks,
Brian