Re: [Harp-L] Hargear Amps Austin TX

Hey guys,
I just wanted to say a word about Simon Wallace.  I am  pretty sure he
is new to harp-l, or at least this is the first post I've noticed.

Simon is one of the best and most interesting harp players in Austin.
He plays with a folk rock group Porter Davis that features vocals,
guitar, harp, and a drum box (not sure what you call it).  They have
great lyrics and energy and are deservedly very popular.  They do some
touring so try and catch them.

Simon himself is well rooted in blues and brings that feeling to the
band.  But he is very good with effects.  Most notably a looping
system.  He can do a solo harp song that has multiple loops and it is
very well done.  So many players who use loops haven't gotten past the
novelty into real musicality.  Simon is very musical.

I am pretty sure Porter Davis has a CD featuring Simon.  Check him out!
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com