[Harp-L] My Babe

My first reaction to this post was, "what? Just listen to it!" But there it is, we all learen and play differently, and

This gives rise to an interesting example of how differently people learn and how they play music.

LW plays (Willie Dixon's song) more or less the same in both versions I have, with an intro riff, and a solo in the middle.  What's the "main lick"?  I have no idea what that means, I suppose it's the lick that stands out most in the ear of the listener.  or the intro lick?

Anyhow so Sam and Nicholas kindly provide tabs for it, slightly different it seesm at fifrst glance, but there it is, my eyes glazer over on tabs.  I'd rther just listen to it and, if I feel thened to get it note for note I;ll play it back and listen repreatdlyI can't stnd tabs,

Listening to James Cotton's or Junior Wells' version I hear different things emphasized, differently, I think they both fairly interpret Willie Dixons' song  as done by Little Walter, and they all put their own stamp on it.

Perhaps more to the point,

 [Harp-L] My Babe
        	Sunday, July 12, 2009 12:02 PM

            From:
            "Matthew Smart" <matthewsmart@xxxxxxxxx>

        	To:
        	"Harp" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
                Does anyone know the main lick to Little Walter's My Babe? thanks