[Harp-L] Harp L - Jason Ricci

Hear Hear!

Live and let live!. Jason's style of clothes, hair, music and yes, playing may not be your cup of tea however, "it don't mean a thing if you ain't got that swing". Ricci is swinging with both fists! He is extending the boundries harmonica music and playing. In this writers humble opinon, he is taking the best of the "traditional styles" and adding his own twists and turns. Certainly the traditionalists will gasp with shock and awe. The audacity of actually breaking the rules!

I believe they call that innovating and creating. Seems there have been many musicians throughout history doing this exact thing. They also recieved a lot of "flak" from the "purists"

Mozart comes to mind as well as Ellington, Sinatra, Ray Charles, Lennon, Richards, Townshend, Page, Cobain and yes, I'll say it....Jackson!

One of the many things they have (or had) in common was this-They never let anyone's opinions of thier music or style stop them from changing the world. They did not let perception conform them, they raised the level of acceptence by obliterating the boundries (and few laws) along the way. The world came to them.

I know, it may be a bit preliminary to compare Mr Ricci to the aformentioned. But you just never know. The guy is an animal on the 10 hole. Argue that!

Play on brothers and sisters!

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.