Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci Revue from Orlando Blues Society - OBBS

Have heard a few times people say "Levy does nothing for them".
I appreciate your opinion.

Before you close the door on the guy...(say you do not like the Flecktones, fair enough),
be sure you have heard him in other formats. levy is everywhere...
His work on a kid album with John McCutchen (mail myself to you) brought tears to my eyes.

Best children's album of all time!
He has worked with some of the best  musicians on the planet.
He is in educational material, Newgrass, etc, he has many facets.

Maybe he does not have the "tone" you want..(that was my concern when I first heard him)
but if you want to figure out how to play a piece from some other culture or style...he may be your guy.

Twice I have gone to see him in a duo setting..
very small crowd...
Not all my cup of tea but wow,
this guy can wear many hats and is from another planet.

just a thought
grant