[Harp-L] ricci is it mania?

Love this hype and Dis... About Ricci

Won't comment on someone I have not seen in Concert.
Can't wait to see what all this is about.
sounds like the guy knows his instrument and has a "show".
I am jealous of purple hair as I have lost most of mine.

Wonder who else gets you hearts beating?

First time I heard Mad Cat Ruth on the Hohner album,
I was upset.  The guy was on fire.
He wasn't playing it the "right" way. (early 80's?)
I knew how "scratch my back " went; hell everyone did it the same way.
Everyone!

I wrote a letter to Mad Cat and he wrote back explaining the non bullet mic/ technique, etc.
No internet back then but I was impressed by the generous nature of the man...never met him.

In my town, Norton Buffalo would play frequently and I could sneak in the bar (underage) to see him.
This was not a Harmonica in his hands. It was a fiddle, guitar, hammer, train, and what a band.
Harp players probably said he was not playing the right way but he had commercial success so who could argue.
As I worked with him as an adult (producing a show), I found him to be the most creative and interesting guy.
He even made his own clothes.
He used a bullet mic, a singing mic, pedals every kind of harp and played "too fast" according to some.
I did not love everything he did and I doubt he was worried about it.

Lee Oscar's approach was certainly very cool, how did harp players react to it when he came on the scene?
Magic Dick honored the old school at concerts where women tore their tops off....Rock N Roll...or was it blues?
I loved this guy.

Please let me know who the new school guys are...I love Richard Hunter's pedals too.
I'll be at their concerts when they come to town.

But they will never replace the guys who came before them.
How lucky we are to be able to talk about all this...
I'v always been supportive of the new guys.

Used to show up to support Little John Chrisley when he was a 13 year old phenom.
Some guys would dis him "too many notes". The guy was 13. Lighten up.
Not sure how many years he was 13, but I loved the energy and "show".
See he is still playing...right on John.

Now, I think I will go back and listen to some of that old Vinyl tonight just to remember how sweet it was/is.

Grant