[Harp-L] Traveling

The exact reason Charlie does not travel with a Cruncher on board a flight
is that he simply just wants to get off the plane, get to his hotel, go to
the club and play. Anything else about how he could check it safely is not
based  on the reality of Charlie's situation. When I posted about the weight
and  everything else, it was before this new experience and was only acting
on  impulse, which I continue to work on, even after the change. I am
currently  building him a head only which he can carry on the plane and fit in
the overhead  compartment, as he prefers to be able to use a Sonny Jr. built
amplifier  wherever he goes. It has just taken me some time to make sure I
build him  something that will be as consistent as his Cruncher, which he will
tell you, is  his Buddy, his partner. Charlie is in his upper 60's, and has
earned the right  to do what he is most comfortable with. This is exactly
what I did for Kim  Wilson with his custom single 12' speaker Sonny Jr 1, in
1996, which he still  uses in the studio or when he chooses. I obtained the
overhead specifications  for the airlines, just as I did with Charlie's, and
made sure what I designed  fit comfortably.
    My endorsement agreements with each of my endorsers is  between myself
and the endorser, neither myself or any other amp builder does  anything
differently. If they need for some reason to fly to one gig and use  whatever
is available, then so be it. Having this head only should resolve  any issues
of Charlie needing to have to play with an amp he was familiar  with in the
past. Kim Wilson is a prime example of someone who will most  definitely
use his endorsed amp whenever he can, however flies so frequently he  uses
whatever they supply him for that particular gig. I am in no way, shape or
form trying to be offensive to any other builder, as I am clearly stating, as
with my endorsers, they use their amp whenever it is humanly possible. But
being  a full time musician, unless you have actually done it, is hard enough
on its  own to have to worry about flying with an amp that is checked.
    The ones that do play mostly, or all the time with  their product,
travel by road, have their schedule laid out so they can do so,  which gives
them the ability to take their amp with them. To fly from gig to  gig, make
sure everything that is involved with putting this all together, is  hard work.
I saw it first hand while following the strict itinerary of Sonny's,
created by the APA agency, then Emma, Sonny's widow, would create with all the
details. And Sonny did not even use an amplifier, he just used whatever mic
was  put in front of him.
    I do not post on any other sites,  I have a  full life which entails
focusing on my loved ones, and the countless wonderful  people, supporters,
and truly sincerely individuals who's positive feedback  keeps me going. I try
to learn from my past and my mistakes,  so anything personal will never be
a public issue, as I have accepted  that we All have this terminal disease
called life, and should use every  second to create something positive; no
matter if it is holding a door for an  elderly or disabled person, or just
smiling at people and saying hello. The  ripple effect of such actions is a
wonderful thing, I had to learn the hard  way of the opposite effects, but at
least am constantly working on being a  better person. Hopefully this will
clear up a clouded issue. This is the last of  this I will post here or
anywhere else. Gary
**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.