To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 5:07 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Wonder Bread and Butter

Not only a traiblazer but he also had 2 of Muddy Waters guys in his
band. Obviously, he was respected by other players at that time in that
town. He also belongs on the ever growing list of singer/harpists. So does
the legendary Rob Paporozzi. I was told he was "legendary" by a friend who
used to work with Bob Dylan. That's major props in my book.
Steve Merola

Message: 13 Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 16:45:48 -0400 From: Jim Fitting <jfitting@xxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: RE: [Harp-L] all this "Butter" talk... To: harp el List <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Message-ID: <COL105-W28EEFADD8D914D0E2ABD56CA260@xxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"

"This sure is a lot of talk about Paul Butterfield, who's playing I happen
to love.  I think the context of when he happened is also a key to why he
was so influential. As an earlier post indicated he really was a
trailblazer, in bringing blues harmonica into the rock scene and pushing
even further".